I’ve been on a little bit of a baking kick lately and this bread came out too good not to share. I’ve been trying to swap out most of my usual store-bought snacks for homemade all in the effort of feeding my kids healthier snack options and less processed food. While I still occasionally purchase goldfish and fruit (usually saved for bribery during outings,) making a healthy baked good that I can store in the freezer to have and on hand has been a game-changer. I will usually double the batch then cut and wrap a couple of slices together so that I can easily store and have ready for a quick breakfast or healthy snack. This zucchini bread is delicious, wholesome, and kid-approved (:
1/3 cup vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 large egg
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1 1/2 pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup shredded zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9×5 in loaf pan.
- Whisk the oil, maple syrup, yogurt, and vanilla together until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined (Avoid over-mixing.) Fold in Zucchini.
- Spread batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 55 min or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow for the bread to cool.
- Slice, serve (store), and enjoy!
*Optional add-ins: chocolate chips, walnuts, orange zest
*Bread can freeze up to 3 months.