Every year during the Holiday season my mom makes my Aunt Paula’s Almond Roca and wraps it up in pretty dishes to pass out as gifts for family and friends. Ive taken on the tradition and it’s one of my favorite Christmas treats to make. The recipe is simple and so delicious and makes for a pretty gift for loved ones. Enjoy!
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 3 Tbls of water
- 1 cup of toasted almonds
- 1 bag of chocolate chips (I like to use milk chocolate)
- Line 7×11 or 9×13 (for thinner candy) with foil.
- Melt butter over medium-low heat in the pan; it is recommended to use a cast iron pan. NOTE: Stir the mixture continuously as you add ingredients, so it does not burn.
- Add sugar and water.
- Once the mixture starts to thicken, add vanilla.
- Continue stirring until the mixture reaches 300 degrees F or when the oil separates from the sugar. It should look golden and toffee-like. Spread out onto the prepped pan.
- Top with chocolate chips of choice (dark or milk is reccomended ) and let it sit and melt before spreading. Once the chocolate is melted, spread and sprinkle chopped toasted almonds on top.
- Let the candy cool in the refrigerator for about an hr or until it is hard.
- Once cool, break into pieces and serve!
- Store in a covered container.
Go to my latest Instagram Post to see me and my mom make a batch (:
Leave a Reply