Looking Back at 2018Â
2018 started off on a somber note with a lot of loss and sadness due to the fires and mudslides here in California. Unlike many, my familiesâ€™ home and lives were spared, and for that, I started the year with a load of gratitude for our blessings.
2018 turned out to be a great year for us. I finally decided to quit my job as a wedding coordinator assistant to focus more on my girls and to find a healthier balance in life (still working on that part.) It was a tough decision but it was the right call and what our family needs right now. The little extra time I gained after I quit allowed me to help my sister design and plan her wedding, which turned out to be such a creative outlet for me and was fun to do so alongside my sister. We had an amazing summer of weddings and in between lots of pool and beach time. We ended the year with a family-filled and healthy (thank God!) holiday season as well as finding out that we will be expecting a new addition to our family (arriving May!)
Looking Forward to 2019Â
For this new year, we are looking forward to many exciting changes – new baby, purchasing a bigger car, and possibly a new home! Amelie is growing and learning so quickly and will be turning 3 this May, time flies! So with that, my plan is to implement a little bit more homeschooling and structure into our days, while still providing plenty of time for play (as I think they seem to learn the most this way at this stage.) As for Penny, she is 16 months and is quickly catching up to Amelie and Iâ€™m excited to see her personality continue to blossom. I’ve pulled together a list of themes for the year that will guide us in a few activities and outings for each month, post coming soon! Januaryâ€™s theme is big & little, and hoping to work potty training into this month (pray for me.)
New Year’s Resolutions
Resolutions – a word we hear and see often during the New Year. I’m definitely a New Years resolutions type of person. I love a new start, gives me hope and encouragement when it comes to bettering myself. Many on of my goals are the same each year (I’m a work in progress!) but I’ve added a few new ones this time around.
- Make daily prayer a priority: Starting the day with prayer and ending it with prayer.
- Healthier Lifestyle: Implementing eating and exercise habits that are realistic and maintainable.
- Spend less, Save More: Limited shopping and being more intentional about my purchases.
- Read more: Replacing tv a couple times a week with reading. My starting goal is to read one book each month and go from there.
- Be present: Less time spent on social media, more time enjoying the people I love and to appreciate the life I have.
- Set monthly goals: I love long-term goals, but life is unknown and it can change in an instant, and with it so can our desires and dreams. Each month I would like to assess and reflect the goals I have set and if they change or need tweaking, then so be it.
I could not be more excited for 2019 and Iâ€™m looking forward to all it has to offer! I hope you all had a healthy and happy start to the New year! Stay tuned, lots more to come in 2019 (:
Below are some highlights from 2018, hard to pick just a few when there were so many.
Emily (my sister-in-law) and Danny’s wedding
Photography by Sarah Ellefson
Kate (my little sister) and Danny’s Wedding
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Photography by Sarah Ellefson
Spending every day with these little girls and watching them grow.
Welcoming the newest addition to our family and getting to do life with my wonderful husband Andrew (: